contact us at Buzzardbushcraft @ gmail.com

Sunday 6 September 2015

Puffball on Toast.

It's that time of year again when the nicest mushrooms start to make an appearance, not something I spend a lot of time going after due to their poor calorific content and chance of a misidentification but those that are easy to identify can add a nice change to our wild food larder.
 
 
I found these while out on a wild flower bimble and thought I'd take advantage of a present from mother earth.

 
They weren't very big but I wasn't going to leave them as I found a few others that had been smashed up either by kids or careless adults, pity as there were quite a few of them.

 
 
Taken home and cut up into slices ready for cooking in the pan

 
and after cooking in wild garlic infused olive oil, they were very tasty indeed.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment