contact us at Buzzardbushcraft @ gmail.com

Sunday 16 February 2014

Cramp ball

I've been looking for these for years and only ever found them once, but while taking the dog for a walk only about 50 yards from the house..look what I came across!!!


A big cramp ball, just this huge one and a little one close by


on the downside however it was past its best, and as I tried to take it off the tree it crumbled, but you can see the concentric rings inside, I'll keep my eyes out for more over the next little while

2 comments:

  1. These are very common here in devon. I keep a few of these for when I'm teaching. If they are having difficulty with the fire bow i crumble a little of a cramp ball into the halfboard it hold the ember and helps it burn better.

    Kind Regards
    Capsos Bushcraft
    Capsos.Bushcraft@yahoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete