contact us at Buzzardbushcraft @ gmail.com

Wednesday 11 April 2012

Wild Onion



The dark emerald tube like plants growing through the brambles,grass and dandelions are Wild Onions..
This was a great find for me as I've only seen these one time before, as a matter of fact on checking the habitas website they seem to be only found in a handful of places in Northern Ireland and most of those sightings were pre 1986.
They're called crow garlic in other places which I find confusing as they certainly have more of an onion taste rather than garlic, just wish they were more widely available!
A nice spring edible.

2 comments:

  1. Out in my remote area, there is lots of wild onions, chives, berries, mushrooms and much more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky man, I'm reluctant to eat the wild onion as there is so little of it available here.

      Delete